Think of the logic model as your “road map.” .
What would happen if you ventured off on a trip without a map? Would you ever get to your final destination? Even if you did, how much time would you have spent in trying to find your way? Mapping your journey would have given you direction from the beginning.
- Provide a graphic description of a program (process, event, community initiative)
- Show the relationship of program inputs and outputs to expected results.
- Make explicit the underlying theory of a program.
- Are made up of six components: situation, inputs, outputs, outcomes, assumptions, and external factors.
- Are useful for developing understanding, improving programming, clarifying outcomes, focusing evaluation, and communicating to stakeholders.