Why should you use the logic model? How will it help you?
The logic model:
- Brings detail to broad goals and helps in planning, evaluation, implementation, and communications.
- Helps to identify gaps in our program logic and clarifies assumptions so success may be more likely.
- Builds understanding and promotes consensus about what the program is and how it will work. Builds buy-in and teamwork.
- Makes underlying beliefs explicit.
- Helps to clarify what is appropriate to evaluate, and when, so that evaluation resources are used wisely.
- Summarizes complex programs to communicate with stakeholders, funders, audiences.
- Enables effective competition for resources. (Many funders request logic models in their grant requests).